Friday, November 9, 2012

PICTURE BOOK CELEBRATIONS



Did you know that November is Picture Book Month? I just learned it. What a great super special and cool thing to have!

There's also a year-long thing going on over at Candlewick's Reading Starts Here site where they are celebrating the picture book with 365 videos, posting a new one each day for a year (they started in August).

I love picture books! Since it seems like the season to celebrate them, I think I'll highlight some of my favorite picture books this month.

And while we're on the topic of how much I like picture books, I found this interesting site to browse called Picturing Books. It covers lots of information about picture books and the things that make up picture books.

And if you just want picture book eye candy, try this pinterest board, which could lead you to a million more amazing illustrations. The thing I love about Pinterest is how it can take you through an unending gallery of awesomeness.





{Images by Brian Wildsmith, whose illustrations I love. They are stunning and colorful. I have four of his books in my personal collection, but not Fishes (top), this beautiful version of A Child's Garden of Verses illustrated by him (middle), or Python's Party (bottom). Wishlist!}

No comments:

Post a Comment